- 4 red peppers
- 500 gr. ripe tomatoes
- 2-6 red chilies
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 250 gr. sugar
- 100 gr. balsamic vinegar or wine vinegar
- Roast the red peppers in the oven. Remove and cover them with newspaper and allow to cool. Then peel, remove seeds and reserve. Peel tomatoes and cut into quarters.
- Bring the peppers, tomatoes and remaining ingredients to the boil in a sucepan. Simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes. Let cool and conserve in sterilized jars.
- Goes great with feta cheese and grilled chicken.