For the sauce:
- 1 large bunch of flat leaf parsley (stems cut off)
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander (optional)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic (depending on taste)
- 3 tbsp of onion (finely chopped)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Maldon salt (or salt flakes)
- 1/2 tsp of dried Oregano
- 1/2 – 1tsp of chili to taste
- 1/2 tsp f freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
For to serve with cheese:
- 1 Packet of Feta Cheese
- Homemade Chimichurri sauce
- Roughly chop the parsley (this makes it easier to blend when putting it through the food processor). Add the garlic and parsley to the food processor and whizz them up.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and gradually add the oil whizzing it all up until it has all blended together. Adjust salt to taste.
- That’s it! If you want a fresh parsley taste serve immediately or place in the fridge overnight for the flavors to balance out.
- Remember to remove from the fridge at least half an hour before serving.
- As fresh ingredients are used in this sauce it is best to consume within a week.
Delicious marinade for cheese, steaks, fish and a great condiment to pizza and roasted vegetables