- 800g very tender broad beans , shelled
- 200g very tender peas, shelled
- 3 thick rashers of bacon , diced
- 5 spring onions , finely chopped
- 5 green garlic stalks , finely chopped
- 200g black botifarra blood sausage , cut into 1cm thick pieces
- 12 glass of dry sherry
- 12 glass of sweet sherry
- A bunch of fresh parsley , mint and a small piece of bay leaf tied together
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30g lard
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil and lard together in a pan, and Brown the diced bacon for 5 minutes with a Little salt and pepper .
- Add the chopped spring onions and the green garlic stalks, along with the bouquet garni and some salt. Lightly fry for further five minutes, without browning.
- Now add the peas and the beans, along with the white botifarra , the sweet and dry sherry ,and some more salt. Continue cooking for 10 minutes wit the lid on, and some aluminium foil underneath it to keep in all the vapour. Do not take of the lid to stir the stew, but rather shake the pan from time to time.
- Put the black botifarra into the pot at the last minute ,and cook with the lid on fore a few minutes more ,shaking the pan a few more times .When the stew is done , it is best to live it rest for a while to enhance its flavour .
Chardonnay Col·lecció d’Albet i Noya – D.O. Penedès Chardonnay Roure de Miquel Gelabert – D.O. Pla i Llevant