- 3 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 cup of tempura batter mix*
- Olive oil
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 raw beet
- 2 carrots
* Available in supermarkets.
- Peel the apples. Core one and then cut crosswise into slices about 2cm thick.
- In a bowl, mix (but don’t beat) the tempura batter. Mix with water till you have a thick, grainy paste.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and when very hot (without smoking), coat a slice of apple in tempura batter, wipe off the excess batter and fry in a little oil until golden brown (on each side). Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Repeat with the remaining apple slices.
- For the cocktail, peel and dice the beets. Wash and chop the carrots and chop the remaining apples. Blend all the ingredients in a liquidizer and divide into two glasses.
- Serve with apple fritters.