- 4 desalted cod fillets, each about 180 gr.
- 1 raw beet
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of miso
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh oregano
- Kombu seaweed
- 200 gr. azuki beans
- 1 spring onion
- 1 leek
- Light olive oil
- Soak the beans overnight in plenty of water.
- Cook the beans in salted water with a piece of kombu seaweed.
- Chop the onion and leek and saute both. Season. Add a little beet juice.
- For the sauce: add the the unpeeled, diced beets to a saucepan with crushed garlic, herbs, honey and 1/2l of water. Slowly bring to the boil and allow the ingredients to infuse for a few minutes. Remove from heat and add the miso.
- Heat enough oil to cover the cod. The temperature should be about 65°C. Dip the cod fillets in the oil and simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls with the beans beet sauce.