- 300 grs caster sugar
- 6 large, juicy lemons (juice and grated rind)
- 8 large eggs
- 200 grs of butter
- Put the sugar and grated lemon grind into a bowl and stir.
- In another bowl, whisk the lemon juice together with the eggs.
- Then, pour the mixture over the sugar and lemon. Add the butter sliced into small pieces and place the bowl over the pan of barely simmering water.
- Stir frequently until thickened about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars. Allow to cool then place in the fridge.
- Keeps for 3 weeks.