- 8-10 tinned apricots
- 1 liter cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 100 gr. sugar
- 30 gr. flour
- 1 vanilla pod
- Blend the apricots till they form a thick puree. Reserve.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar and flour and reserve.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream to the boil with the vanilla pod. Add the egg mixture and continue heating – without letting it boil this time – until it thickens.
- Mix the above egg cream with the apricot puree and allow to cool. Now add this cream into ice lolly molds alternating with thin slices of apricot.
- Freeze for 12 hours before serving.
For a creamier ice cream, beat vigorously every hour while freezing to avoid crystallization.