- 125g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 50ml water
- 50ml lemon juice
- 6 sheets of gelatine, 2g each
- 250g fresh cheese (Quark or ricotta)
- 400g whipping cream mixed with 60g sugar
- 1 medium sized jar of glazed cherries in syrup
- Mix the sugar, the egg yolks, the water and the lemon juice together, and heat up just until the combination comes to the boil.
- Place 5 sheets of gelatine in a pan of cold water, and when they rehydrate, discard the water and completely dissolve them over a very low heat. Take care, as too much heat can burn them. You can also dissolve the gelatine using a little of the mixture you have made in step 1, to ensure that there is no risk of it burning.
- Stir the egg and sugar mixture into the dissolved gelatine, then add the fresh cheese. Ensure that it is completely emulsified.
- Whisk the cream with the sugar and very carefully add it to the previous mixture.
- Place the mixture in a 20cm round cake mould and leave it in the fridge to set. It will need about 4 hours.
- When it is set, you can decorate the cake with the glazed cherries. Drain the syrup and place them attractively over the whole cake. Next, dissolve 1 sheet of the gelatine as explained in step 2, mixing it with 100ml of the cherry syrup. Pour it over the cake, and in 5 minutes it will have set and the cake will be ready to be enjoyed.