A crunchy and fun canapé
For the nests:
- 30 gr of fine long noodles (soba type or rice)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
For the dairy free cream cheese:
- 125 gr of natural tofu
- 125 gr of natural soy yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
For the surprise:
- 5/6 strawberries
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of agave
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Boil the noodles and make sure they are well drained.
- Make small bit size nests with the noodles then place them on a baking dish covered with baking paper.
- Dilute the chickpea flour and turmeric with with water until it has the texture of a beaten egg and place a teaspoon of this mixture onto each nest with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the seeds and drizzle some olive oil over each nest. Bake until golden and crispy.
To make the diary free cream cheese:
- Blend all the ingredients together except the fresh herbs and chopped spring onions.
- Now mix in the herbs and onion, leave the mix on a fine sieve or cheesecloth to drain any excess water from the cream cheese for a minimum of 3 hours, it should look like mato.
- Cut the strawberries into sixths and macerate with the lemon juice, black pepper and agave.
To assemble the dish
- Take a nest and place some cream cheese inside and pop a macerated strawberry on top then a little more cream cheese covering the strawberry. This is a fresh and crunchy canapé perfect for this time of year!