- 1 Kg large mussels
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 gherkins
- 1 corgette (zucchini)
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Rinse the mussels in cold water and remove any hairs from the shell.
- Fry the mussels in a saucepan over a high heat with the wine. When it has reduced add a cup of water and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve the mussels
- Peel the lemon, and cut it into strips then place it in boiling water for a few seconds, set aside. Use the same water to blanch the tomatoes then allow them to cool.
- Finely chop the onion, peppers gherkins and tomatoes (without the skin or seeds). Mix the vegetables with the lemon zest and season with olive oil, vinegar and some salt.
- Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve the mussels with a teaspoon of vinaigrette as an appetizer.