For the mousse:
- 200g of cream
- 5 egg whites
- 75g sugar
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- Lemon zest
- Maple Syrup
- Whipp up the cream with the help of a whisk and leave in refrigerator.
- Hydrate the gelatin sheets soaking in cold water. Meanwhile, mix the egg whites and sugar in a bowl. Boil the mixture in a water bath (at a temperature of 50 ° C) to dissolve the sugar but donot curdle the egg whites.
- Whipp the meringue still warm to get a white texture and good consistency. We can do it by hand or with the aid of a machine assembler. Incorporate the lemon zest.
- With a spatula mix the meringue with whipped cream.
- Extend the mousse in a rectangle shaped mold form. Line with plastic wrap for easy removal from the mold.
- Let the mousse set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Remove from its mold and cut into cubes. Fill several glasses or bowls with a little maple syrup, incorporate three or four cubes of the mousse and finally garnish with mint leaves.