- 3 figs
- 2 apples
- 3 dried apricots
- 100 g of pineapple
- Whole grain puff pastry
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 100 g of mixed nuts: walnuts, almonds, cashews, pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of seeds (mix two varieties such as pumpkin and sesame)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or rice syrup
- Heat the oven to 190 º C and a line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Line the tray with puff pastry, prick the surface with a fork and cut out rectangles of 12 x 5 or 6 cm. Brush entire surface with egg white and sprinkle with nuts, seeds and sugar.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown – about 20 minutes.
- Add the dried figs, peeled and diced apple, dried apricots and pineapple chunks to a saucepan. Add two inches of water, cover and simmer over low heat until fruit is tender, around 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve the compote between two rectangles of puff pastry.