- 300g Tolosa beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 large potato
- 1 morcilla de Burgos (blood sausage or black pudding)
- 1 chorizo de sarta
- 150g tocino (salted fat pork)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Place the beans in a bowl with double the amount of water and leave overnight (12 hours).
- Slice and chop all the vegetables (pepper, onion, leek, garlic, tomato and carrot), wash the beans and cover with water then bring to the boil along with the vegetables. Add a splash of olive oil, a teaspoon of paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Once the water begins to boil, reduce the heat and remove any foam that may appear and cook on a low heat for 2 hours. If necessary remove from the heat and add a little more water, then add the chopped potatoes, morcilla and chorizo and cook for another half hour.
- Check to see if it needs more salt and serve.