- 250 gr. lentils (soaked overnight)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large tomato
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- A pinch of saffron coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley and coriander
- Soak the lentils overnight. Drain and reserve.
- Saute the chopped onion, tomato, garlic, spices and tomato – paste diluted in a little water – with a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan
- Add the lentils and two large glasses of warm water.
- Add the parsley and coriander. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer until the lentils are fully cooked.
- Serve hot.