- 1 Potimarron pumpkin (apx 2kg)
- 5gr. Cumin
- 20cl Olive oil 0.4
- Water for cooking
- Poppy seeds
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it in half and take out all the seeds.
- Cut into small pieces, then heat some oil in a large sauce pan and add the pumpkin stirring for 5 minutes. Add the cumin and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Cover the pumpkin with water and add a little salt and when the pumpkin has absorbed all the water add more until the pumpkin has cooked.
- When it has cooked mash until creamy and if necessary add a little more water (but not to much as this is cream of pumpkin and not a soup), add a little more salt if needed.
- Just before serving take a small amount of the pumpkin cream and mix with a little water, until it looks like a soup then blend with an electric blender and pour over the cream of pumpkin and decorate with a few poppy seeds.