- 400 gr. fresh spinach SHOOTS
- ¼ lemon.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red apple
- 4 sticks lemongrass
- 300 ml. whole milk
- 80 gr. butter
- 3 tbsp oil 0.4%
- 1 kg large Galician cockles (live)
- Varied shoots and sprouts according to the season (optional)
- Open the cockles in a little water and ¼ lemon in a covered saucepan.
- Once open, reserve.
For the lemongrass syrup:
- Cut the sticks of lemongrass into thin slices and place in a pan with oil over low heat and allow them to caramelize.
- Once caramelized, add the milk and the water from the cockles and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Put in the blender and sieve. Reserve.
- Cut the apple into small sticks.
Assembling the dish:
- Saute the spinach with butter and arrange in the center of a bowl. Top with some steamed cockles, apple, more cockles and the remaining apple on the side.
- Pour over the blended hot lemongrass syrup and garnish with shoots and sprouts.