- 800 gr whole cooked prawns (peeled)
- 1tsp tomato puree
- 11/2 tsp dried herbs Provencal
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes finely chopped
- Peel the prawns and remove the black vein from the top.
- Gently sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion is transparent then sprinkle in the herbs and add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Bring it gently to the boil then let it simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Now add the prawns (if they are large cut them in half). Cook for a few minutes and season to taste.
- Serve with rice or some crusty bread.
Tipsometimes I add a little sugar to offset the acidic taste of the tomato.
All large supermarkets sell cooked prawns these are a lot tastier than peeled prawns sold in packets.