- 4 Cod steaks
- 4 Scallops
- 8 bacon rashers
- 150 grs of strong cheese such as blue or cheddar or a mix
- 2 tomatoes
- 100 ml of white wine (and the rest of the bottle to drink…)
- 1 bunch spinach
- Chili flakes
- 1 small garlic
- 600 grs of new Potatoes (loads of butter)
- Salt and pepper the cod steaks and leave to stand. Drink wine and contemplate.
- Fry the bacon rashers to a crisp finish and set aside.
- Wrap 2 bacon rashers around scallop and fry in a little oil until bacon is brown on outside. Set aside.
- Boil up new potatoes, drain and chuck in loads of butter, a little salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Cook spinach in a saucepan with tiny amount of oil, crushed garlic and chili flakes. Keep warm.
- Slice tomatoes and give a burst of micro to soften. Put in base of serving dish, keep warm. Melt cheese in pan with wine to make paste. Pour over the tomatoes. Keep warm.
- Fry cod steaks in pan, skin side down until crisp. Turnover and fry white side for a while.
- Turn back over. Put on tomato, cheese mix with the white side up, add scallop to top and bake for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Serve on hot plate with spinach and new potatoes. Add crispy bacon as garnish. Drink more wine and eat!