For the anchovies
- 500 g. fresh anchovy
- Corn flour
- Olive oil
For the tasty tomato salad
- 500 g. tomato
- 100 g. Spring onions
- Lemon juice
- Fresh coriander
- Olive oil
- Powdered cumin
- 6 pita bread
- Ask the fishmonger to clean the anchovies, removing the heads guts and backbone. Then open them into a fan shape, place them in cling film and put them in the refrigerator.
- Blanch the tomatoes, and then refresh them in cold water. Peel and remove the seeds then cut into half cm cubes.
- Finely chop the spring onion and add to the tomato. Dress them with oil, lemon, salt, chopped coriander and a bit of cumin. Place in the refrigerator.
- Lightly salt the anchovies cover them in flour, and fry them in hot olive oil. Remove them when they are crispy on the outside and juicy inside. Allow to drain in a colander or on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, slice off the top of the pita bread and put in the salad along with 3-4 anchovies. Serve immediately and enjoy the contrast of the hot anchovies and fresh salad!
We can eliminate the most intense ingredients from the salad (scallion, cilantro, comin…) based on our taste.