- 400 g salt cod, desalted
- 500 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g of mixture of white rice and wild rice (boil in the bag)
- 4 green garlic stalks
- Salt and pepper
- 20 g sultanas
- 20 g toasted pistachios
- 20 g toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- Place the cod in a pot that is just big enough to fit all the pieces in, cover whit oil and place a low heat. Check the temperature of the center of the pieces of cod whit a digital thermometer; it should reach only 35º. You will thus produce a cod comfit whit a very smooth texture. When the cod reaches this temperature, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the rice on to boil, following the instructions on the packet regarding cooking time. Once it is done cool and drain.
- Very finely chop the spring onion and lightly fry over a low heat cooking it but not browning it.
- In a wide bowl, mix the whole raisins the chopped dates the fried green garlic, the drained and diced cod and the rice togheter. Dress whit a little off the comfit oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep the bowl in the fridge until ready to serve.
El Xarel·lo de les Bodegues Pardas – D.O. Penedès Eixaderes de les bodegues l’Olivera – D.O. Costers del Segre As sortres de les bodgues de Rafael Palacios – D.O. Valdeorras