- 500 gr. Paella rice
- 1 kg of seafood stock (King prawns, crab, fish heads and bones, rock fish etc.)
- 250 gr. Monkfish cut into cubes (optional)
- 1 onion
- 1 crushed tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1.5 l. water
- Olive oil
- Put the cleaned fish stock in a pot with water, peel and chop the onion then add to the stock with the bay leaf. Bring to the boil and let it simmer over a low heat with the pot covered for about 20 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave it to sit for about 10 minutes. Strain and reserve the broth. There should be approximately 1 liter.
- Mince the garlic, and add this to a little bit of the broth along with the salt and saffron.
- Fry the tomato, garlic mix and the paprika in some oil for about 4 minutes in a “paella” pan.
- Stir in the rice allowing it to soak up the juices.
- Pour in the hot broth, salt to taste and cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes. Add the monkfish then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to rest for about 5 minutes then serve
- A garlic mayonnaise will compliment this dish
A garlic mayonnaise will compliment this dish