For the pastry:
- 200gr flour.
- 80gr butter.
- 1 egg white.
- ½ glass of cold water.
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame.
For the filling:
- 150gr smoked bacon.
- 1 onion medium.
- 1 acid Apple granny smith.
- 3 eggs.
- 200ml dairy cream 36%mg.
- A pinch of nutmeg.
- Salt and pepper.
- Emmental cheese grated.
- Make the short-crust pastry by sieving the flour first though a fine mesh strainer and stack in a volcano shape, mix the butter into a cream texture add egg whites, a pinch of salt and toasted sesame seeds.
- Quickly work the dough adding water until it becomes a more compact texture. Wrap with cling film and set aside in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour remove the cling film and with a rolling pin, roll it on a table previously sprinkled with flour. Place the dough over the mould and trim of the excess.
- Lightly prick base and cover with dried beans. Bake for 30 minutes at a temperature of 190 ° C.
- Prepare the filling cut the bacon into small strips, peel and dice the apple. Fry the bacon over a high heat without oil. When starting to brown add the apple. Sauté it for couple of minutes and set aside.
- Using the same pan, with the excess fat, fry your sliced onions. Let them sweat over a low heat, add three tablespoons of water and turn up the heat until the onion turns a toasted color. Set aside along with the bacon and apple.
- Beat three eggs, add the cream, season with salt and pepper and flavored with nutmeg. Pour the apple mixture, bacon and onion and stir well.
- Pour the mix into the mould filled with short-crust pastry and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 ° C. Let quiche cool before serving. Serve with a side salad.