- 24 sponge fingers
- 200 ml. of whipping cream
- Cocoa powder
- 1 large cup of coffee with Bailey's (to taste)
- 5 egg whites
- Whip the cream. When not quite stiff, add a little sugar continue beating. Reserve. Now beat the egg whites, adding sugar as above. Carefully mix with the cream.
- Pour the coffee with Bailey's into a tray or flat dish.Top with sponges, allowing to them to soak up the coffee.
- Spread on the cream mixture and top with more sponges.
- Sprinkle with cocoa with the help of a sieve and leave to cool for several hours before serving..
You’ll know that the whites are properly beaten if you can turn the bowl upside down without them falling out.