- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 4 pippin apples or similar
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 50g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- Cut out similarly sized strips of pastry and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake the strips at 200 º for 8-10 minutes, until crisp.
- Core the apples and fill the hole with the cinnamon sticks and a spoonful of sugar. Roast the apples for 20 minutes at 190 º.
- Mash up into an apple compote. Prepare a lasagna by alternating strips of puff pastry with apple compote, adding a pinch of ground almonds to each layer.
- Melt 50g of sugar in a saucepan over a low heat and add the cream just when it begins to smoke.
- Serve with the apple pastries.
To prevent the pastry from rising too much, roll it out and prick gently with a fork.