Cream of passion fruit
- 4 passion fruit
- 3 squeezed limes
- 200 ml. orange juice
- 90 gr sugar
- 20 gr. corn flour
- 20 gr. margarine
- 100 gr. sugar
- 250 gr. water
- 100 gr. fresh ginger
- 150 gr. margarine
- 30 gr. almond flour
- 80 gr. castor sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 gr. flour
- For the candied ginger:
- Peel ginger and cut it into 2mm cubes.
- Bring water to the boil and add sugar and ginger.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours over a low heat. Keep in a cool place.
For the pastry dough:
- First mix the margarine with almond flour and sugar. Add salt and flour and knead well. Keep in a cool place.
- Line 8 cm. diameter molds with the dough and fill with dried chickpeas (or any other dried bean or pulse) to prevent the pastry base rising during baking. Keep in the refrigerator for half an hour before baking.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC and bake the tarts for 18 minutes. Allow to cool and remove the chickpeas.
For the cream of passion fruit:
- Boil the lemon juice and 200 ml. orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and sugar. Add to the boiling juice. Stir well and simmer until it thickens.
- Turn off heat and add margarine. Stir well until mixture thickens.
- Finally, add the 4 pieces of passion fruit and stir.
- Pour some cream of passion fruit on top of each tartlet.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and add a teaspoon of candied ginger on top. Reserve in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Top with a little grated chocolate, for a delicious contrast to the acid flavors.