- 110 gr. sieved flour
- 40 gr sieved cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225 gr. butter
- 170 gr. chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 4 eggs
- 375 g sugar
- Mix the sieved flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with butter over a bain marie, mixing well
- Whisk the egg whites till they form firm, stiff peaks. Gradually add the egg yolks and the sugar till you have a spongy cake mixture.
- Gently fold all the ingredients together with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square baking tin. Bake at 180º C for 25 to 35 minutes until the sponge is cooked through. Let cool slightly before serving.
- When cool, cut into 12 pieces and decorate with melted white chocolate.
- Serve hot or cold.