Tonkatsu (tonkatsu sosu) is a Japanese sour sauce used to flavor any meat, tofu, poultry or fish.
- 4 medium of sized squid
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 5 gr of celery
- 1 chicken breast
- 200 ml of stock
- Salt flakes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mild oil
- Tonkatsu sauce
- In a hot skillet, sear both sides of the seasoned chicken breast in a little olive. Once they have browned place the chicken in a baking tray and bake at 160 ºC for 12 minutes covered with foil.
- After this time, remove from the oven and let it cool down in the stock. Now thinly slice the breast then shred and reserve. Remove the skin from the squid, leaving them clean then pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a hot skillet using a little olive oil quickly sear the squid on both sides, they should still be almost raw. Remove and keep warm.
- Then cut the shiitakes into quarters and cook in the same pan for around 2 minutes then remove and keep warm.
Assembling the plate
- Artistically arrange the squid on a plate and gently place some shredded chicken on the hood of the squid.
- Finish decorating the dish by delicately placing the sautéed shiitakes around it along with a dribble of Tonkatsu, a sprinkling of celery and finally some salt flakes and a spoon of olive oil and serve.