- 2 organic lemons
- 300 ml. ice water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can of cockles (or half a can of cockles and another half can of clams or mussels)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lime or 1 / 2 lemon
- Use a very fine grater to zest the lemon.
- Then finely chop the lemons, removing pips.
- Add the chopped lemon pulp, zest, water and sugar to a blender. Blend well and strain.
- Serve with the cockles. Season with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, any sauce you like, and lime or lemon cut into quarters.