- 500g ground almonds
- 500g of icing sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- zest of ½ lemon
- In a bowl, mix the ground almonds, sugar and zest of half a lemon.
- Add egg yolks one at a time while to the sugar and almond mixture.
- You should obtain a dense yet malleable dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut the marzipan with a mold in shapes such as stars, moons, hearts, etc.
- Arrange the figures on a baking sheet, paint with beaten egg and place them in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
For flavored marzipan, add a dash of anise or a sprinkle of anise powder when mixing with the egg yolks.