- 4 egg yolks
- 125gr flour
- 125gr sugar
- 1lt milk
- 200g flour
- 2 eggs
- In a bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks with sugar 125gr and 125gr of flour, and set aside. Boil the milk with a cinnamon stick or vanilla pod and fruit rind.
- Pour the hot milk over the egg gradually and beat well.
- Return to the heat, stirring until the milk thickens. Let stand in a mold until very cold.
- Cut into cubes or rectangles and coat in flour and beaten egg and fry in hot oil.
- Dry on paper towels and serve with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Flavor the milk with cinnamon and nutmeg. You can freeze the milk briefly before frying to make it denser but don’t leave for more than 15 minutes in the freezer.