- 2 pieces of very fresh mackerel (or another oily fish)
- 1 fresh fennel
- ½ pineapple
- 6 squeezed oranges
- 1 squeezed pink grapefruit
- 1 squeezed lemon
- ½ bunch fresh dill
- 4 C / c of trout eggs
- 250 gr. coarse salt
- 60 gr. sugar
- Virgin olive oil
- Fillet the mackerel. Mix the coarse salt and sugar together and pour half into a flat tray. Place the fillets over the mix, cover with the dill leaves (reserving a few for the garnish latter) than place the rest of the salt and sugar on top and marinate in the fridge for four hours.
- After marinating, rinse the salt water from the fillets then dry with a cloth and place the mackerel in olive oil until used.
- Place the orange juice, grapefruit and lemon with sugar over a low heat and once it has reduced to half put in the diced pineapple and the fennel which has been cut into 8 pieces.
- Allow to Confit for about 10 minutes then drain off the pineapple and fennel, now allow the juices to reduce until into turns into a syrup texture then cool.
Assembling the dish:
- Cut the fillets of mackerel into small scallops. Decorate the dish with the pineapple and fennel comfit around it.
- Place the fillets on top of a coffee spoon with some trout roe, citrus reduction and finally the leaves of dill.