Makes 12 empanadillas
- 1 onion
- 200 g fresh spinach
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 130 g chopped walnuts
- 100 g cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh spreadable cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 slices of brown bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and / or sunflower seeds
- Cut the onion into slices. Chop the spinach.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onion with two pinches of salt and cumin. Add the spinach, stir and cover. Cook over a low heat until tender.
- Mix the two cheeses, spinach, nuts and brown rice in a bowl.
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Flatten bread slices until they are thin. Put some filling in the center and seal the bread to form triangular empanadillas. Brush the edges with a little beaten egg and press with fork to seal.
- Place the empnadillas on a baking tray lined with baking paper, lightly coat with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes.