- 2 poussins (small chickens ), weighing 400g each
- 2 black winter truffles
- 4 apples
- 30ml olive oil
- 30g lard
- 50ml rancio wine
- Salt and pepper
- The day before you want to cook the dish, singe off any hairs left of the poussins . Wash the truffles , scraping them under running water , then cut them into ,thin slices .Very carefully slide the slices under the chicken skin .Wrap each bird in cling film and leave to refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Rub the salt and pepper into the poussins , including all the cavities , and tie them up so they keep their shape . Place them into a baking tray , dressed with oil and lard, and roast in preheated 190 degrease oven for 15 minutes .
- Remove the tray from the oven and pour over rancio wine. Turn over the poussins so the breast are touching the baking tray. Peel the apples and cut into thick wedges, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add to baking tray and cook for a further 25 minutes at 160 degrease
- Serb the poussins whole at the table so the dinners can appreciate the truffled skin. It is easy to cut them in half and serve .Serb with the roast apple and the coking juice. To extract all the flavor from the roasting tin to dissolve the glaze that has stuck to the bottom and the sides .Stain and remove the fat, spoon over the poussins .
•Pinot Noir de Maria Casanovas – D.O. •Cava Perles Roses de Naveran – D.O. Cava