- 12 artichokes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 mint leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of young asparagus tips
- Remove the outer leaves of artichokes and cut off the bottom quarter. Cut into 4 pieces and soak them in water with the juice of 3 lemons.
- Bring water on to the boil with a tablespoon of salt and add the artichokes and cook for 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Blend the oil, mint and garlic with a hand-held mixer. Add a little salt and pepper. Mix this oil with the boiled artichokes and add to a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve artichokes with asparagus tips and any remaining mint oilfrom the baking tray.