- 400 gr. white haricot beans
- 200 gr. bacon
- 1 chorizo sausage
- 2 duck confit
- 2 sausages
- 1/2 kg. diced lamb
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch of herbs from Provence
- Soak the beans the overnight.
- Next morning, put the beans, onion, leek, garlic, tomatoes, herbs, chorizo, sausages, lamb, bacon and duck confit into a pot.
- Boil for 3 hours and then allow to simme over a low heat. Gradually add broth so the casoulet doesn’t dry out during the course of the cooking. Serve.
Cassoulet is basically a bean stew with duck confit. You can bake the duck until crisp and serve atop the beans.